Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The First.

In an attempt to makes strides in 2011, I've decided to keep a working journal of sorts; a collection of articles, photos, events and people who inspire me, make me think or just make me stare in shock and awe.. On a daily basis, I find myself incredibly taken by some of the simplest acts, what people have said, and the things they've created. While it may not always be funny, I hope you'll always have fun.

So here it is, what i'm fascinated by this week... and it's only Tuesday.

VS: Sexy by the Numbers

What has become more than a yearly tradition, verging on a holiday of sorts, I find myself entirely consumed by the Victoria Secret Fashion Show. Nuts... oh, I know I am. But with it's glitter runway, it's 34 models instantaneously launched as international stars and it's startling energy, I can't look away. Here's a way to see it from behind the curtain.

Many people say they hate events like this.. it makes them feel badly or want to go for a run, but I think if you see it for a) its simple brilliance... a worldwide walking advertisement for a brand already on top, b) its sheer size and magnitude... power in numbers and c) a fun, fantasy of a show where you get a brief glimpse into the world of these devastatingly beautiful people.. you can't help but get sucked in.

Next time you hear Akon's Angel, imagine a girl walking the runway with her first wings and you'll smile too.

Tom Ford: Old School Made New.

A look at what happens when fashion, power, culture, couture and the ultimate in-crowd implodes upon itself. Nothing makes people want to know more, then when they aren't able to see anything at all. For the first time this quintessential insider let's the rest of us in.

No comments:

Post a Comment